ACVP offers a variety of membership levels including; Pharmacist Full Fellowship, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Marketer, Affiliate Membership, Pharmacy Student Membership, and Corporate Membership.
There are many benefits of becoming a Fellow of the ACVP. Our goal is to help you set your veterinary compounding business up for success. ACVP membership provides you the tools to kick start your veterinary compounding practice, attract new customers, differentiate your store from competitors and add to your bottom line. However, the educational and networking opportunities are perhaps the greatest. Some of the services and resources available to Fellows are:
- Compounding training classes (discounted to members) – See www.vetmeds.org/education for details
- ACVP Listserv – an online forum for the veterinary pharmacy community.
- Conferences and seminars
- ACVP Webinars and On-Demand CE
- Membership Newsletter – ACVP Newsletter
- Pharmacy Marketing Quarterly (free to members)
- ACVP Student Members are eligible to apply for scholarships from the ACA Research and Education Foundation
- Directory of Fellows
- Exhibit-quality Display materials
- Access to ACVP members only website
- Nationally Recognized Logo
The ACVP works with the American College of Apothecaries to offer an essential training program to assist Fellows in creating or enhancing their veterinary pharmacy practice. Veterinary Compounding Essentials class participants receive hands-on experience in compounding the following treatment forms:
- Otitis preparations
- Wound Care
Attendees learn the use of flavoring agents, dose concentrations, inventive ways of working with–instead of competing with–local veterinarians. Training dates can be found on the ACVP website under www.vetmeds.org/education.
The American College of Veterinary Pharmacists is aware of the demand for quality educational programs in veterinary pharmacy practice. Continuing educational needs of members will be met through:
- Annual Veterinary Compounding Conference
- ACA/IACP/ACVP Educational Conference
- Customized training programs
- Webinars on vetmeds.org
- Independent study courses
Major educational themes include: Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Compounding, Veterinary Pharmacology, Veterinary Marketing, Veterinary Pharmacokinetics