Special Benefit for New Members
Veterinary Pharmacotherapy Basics Bundle
The Veterinary Pharmacotherapy Basics Bundle is accredited for 2.0 contact hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists and technicians.
- Not So Tiny Humans: Understanding Anatomy & Physiology of Dogs and Cats ; Dr. Erica Wassack, PharmD, FACVP; 1 CEU
- The GRAS is Not Always Greener: Providing Toxin-free Drug Therapy to Animal Patients; Dr. Gigi Davidson, BSPharm, FACVP; 1 CEU
- Connecting to Veterinarians and Pet Parents; Hunter Young; No CE (Bonus Webinar)
Shortly after joining ACVP, new members will receive a “Welcome Email” with a code to receive the Veterinary Pharmacotherapy Basics Bundle at no cost*. Current members and non members can purchase the bundle here – https://www.lecturepanda.com/a/pharmacotherapy
*does not apply to Student Pharmacist Members
Benefits of Membership
Learn about the great benefits of an ACVP membership.
View our Membership Levels
ACVP offers a variety of membership levels including; Pharmacist Full Fellowship, Pharmacist Member, New Practitioner (1-2 yrs), New Practitioner (3-4 yrs), Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacy Marketer, Affiliate Membership, Pharmacy Student Membership, and Corporate Membership.
There are many benefits of becoming a Fellow of the ACVP. Our goal is to provide the tools you need to collaborate with veterinarians, provide optimal care for non-human patients, differentiate yourself as a knowledgeable veterinary pharmacist, and to provide you with a network of colleagues also practicing veterinary pharmacy. Educational and networking opportunities are perhaps the greatest benefit. Some of the services and resources available to Fellows are:
- ACVP Listserv – an online forum for the veterinary pharmacy community.
- Conferences and Seminars
- ACVP Webinars and On-Demand CE
- Membership Quarterly Magazine and Monthly Newsletters
- ACVP Student Members are eligible to apply for scholarships from the ACA Research and Education Foundation
- Access to ACVP members only website
- Compounding training classes (discounted to members) – See www.vetmeds.org/education for details
- Nationally Recognized Logo
The ACVP works with the American College of Apothecaries to offer an essential training program to assist Fellows in creating or enhancing their veterinary pharmacy practice. Veterinary Compounding Essentials class participants receive hands-on experience in compounding the following treatment forms:
- Otitis preparations
- Wound Care
Attendees learn the use of flavoring agents, dose concentrations, inventive ways of working with–instead of competing with–local veterinarians. Training dates can be found on the ACVP website under www.vetmeds.org/education.
The American College of Veterinary Pharmacists is aware of the demand for quality educational programs in veterinary pharmacy practice. Continuing educational needs of members will be met through:
- Annual Veterinary Pharmacy Conference
- Customized training programs
- Webinars and On-Demand
- Independent study courses
Major educational themes include: Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Compounding, Veterinary Pharmacology, Veterinary Marketing, Veterinary Pharmacokinetics.