ACVP Student Pharmacist Board Member Application
2023-24 ACVP Student Pharmacist Board Member Application
The American College of Veterinary Pharmacists (ACVP) Board of Directors invites interested student pharmacist members to apply for appointment as Student Pharmacist Board Member to the ACVP Board of Directors. One student pharmacist will be chosen to serve on the ACVP Board of Directors for a term lasting from June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024. Finalists will participate in an interview process with the ACVP Board of Directors.
Throughout the course of the year, the student pharmacist board member will be expected to attend the Veterinary Pharmacy Conference (June 1-3, 2023) and all ACVP scheduled board meetings. Board meetings are typically held every 2 months. The Student Pharmacist Board Member will be given time during each Board agenda to speak regarding student concerns, projects, and Chapter activities. The Student Pharmacist Board Member acts as a liaison between student pharmacists interested in veterinary pharmacy, ACVP Student Chapters, and the ACVP Board of Directors.
A student must meet the following requirements to apply for the position of Student Pharmacist Board Member:
- Be enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Submit completed application, below
- Submit a one-page biographical sketch outlining abilities, goals, and reasons why he/she is the best choice as a Student Pharmacist Board Member based on questions outlined in the application
- Provide two letters of recommendation from pharmacy school faculty
- Submit a 3-5 minute video to Linda Cathey, email@example.com, answering this question
- What drives your passion for veterinary pharmacy and can you share an experience where your knowledge of veterinary pharmacy helped an animal or pet parent with their pet?