2020-2021 ACVP Student Pharmacist Board Member Application
The American College of Veterinary Pharmacists (ACVP) Board of Directors invites interested student pharmacist members to apply for appointment as Student Member to the ACVP Board of Directors. The deadline for this process is September 30, 2020. One student pharmacist will be chosen to serve on the ACVP Board of Directors for a term lasting from November 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021. Finalists will participate in an interview process with the ACVP Board of Directors. Note: Future terms will be from June 1 until May 31 of the following calendar year. The 2020-2021 term is abbreviated to accommodate a shift that will better incorporate the pharmacy school academic year.
Throughout the course of the year, the student will be expected to attend scheduled board meetings. Board meetings are typically held every 3 months. The Student Board Member will be given time during each Board agenda to speak regarding student concerns, projects, and Chapter activities. The Student Board Member is to act as a liaison between student pharmacists interested in veterinary pharmacy, with ACVP Student Chapters, and the ACVP Board of Directors to communicate important information between the Board of Directors and student pharmacists.
A student must meet the following requirements to apply for the position of Student Board Member:
- Be enrolled in an accredited school of pharmacy
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Submit completed application, below
- Submit a one-page biographical sketch outlining abilities, goals, and reasons why he/she is the best choice as a Student Board Member based on questions outlined in the application.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from pharmacy school faculty