The American College of Veterinary Pharmacists’ Preceptor’s Guide to a Veterinary Pharmacy Rotation.
Student interest in veterinary pharmacy is increasing, and most pharmacy schools don’t have a curriculum that includes veterinary pharmacy. Therefore students are looking for IPPE and APPE opportunities to explore what veterinary pharmacy is all about. Preceptors need to be prepared to offer a rotation that can provide the basic information necessary to prepare a student for when they encounter a prescription for an animal patient. This presentation is meant to guide a pharmacist or veterinarian on what basic concepts need to be included in a veterinary pharmacy rotation.
- Describe the basic components necessary for a successful veterinary pharmacy rotation.
- Identify resources for the preceptor and student to use during the rotation and in practice.
- Discuss what has been successful for preceptors currently providing veterinary pharmacy rotations.
This activity did not offer CE credit.
- Gigi Davidson, DICVP, RPh, FACVP, FSVHP
- Thomas A. Magnifico RPh, FACA, FACVP
- Tanner Trantham PharmD, FACVP
- Alexandria Gochenauer, DICVP, FSVHP
- Erica Wassack, PharmD, DICVP, FACVP, FSVHP
- Christy Holland, PharmD, BCACP
- Alexandria Arnett, PharmD Candidate | Class of 2025